The Ultimate Chicken Sando
Skip the drive thru. With our newest batter mix, it’s easy to make crispy, crunchy, restaurant-style chicken sandwiches at home. Seasoned with our best selling, Cajun-inspired Chica Licka Bam Bam, our Crispy Coating gives boneless chicken breasts and thighs the perfect level of heat. Pssst…it’s great for tenders too.
- Up to 2 pounds boneless chicken (breast or thights) or 1 1/2 pounds tenders
- 1 cup buttermilk (our favorite), pick brine, or water
- 1 egg
- your choice of buns (we love a soft, squishy burger bun) and condiments
- Slice chicken pieces as desired, for sandwiches or tenders. Place the dry mix in a wide, shallow bowl. Whisk together the buttermilk (or other liquid) and egg in a separate shallow bowl.
- Working in batches, use one hand to dredge the chicken pieces in the dry seasoning, then use the other hand to dip them into the egg mixture, allowing excess to drain. Give the chicken a second roll in the dry mix to coat.
- Allow the coated chicken to rest 5 minutes (to hydrate coating) while the oil, oven or fryer heat.
- Fry the chicken in 350°F vegetable oil, until the crust is golden brown and the internal temperature is 165°F.
- Air Fry the chicken at 350°F; coat the cooking surface and top surface of chicken with spray oil before Air Frying in a single layer for 8 minutes. Carefully flip the pieces and spray with oil before Air Frying for another 6-8 minutes.
- Bake the chicken at 425°F; coat the baking sheet and top surface of chicken with spray oil before cooking a single layer. Flip after 8 minutes, and spray again with oil before baking for another 6-8 minutes.
Kick it Up A Notch: For a deeper flavor, marinate chicken overnight in a pickle brine or buttermilk, a generous spoonful of Creole mustard, and several dashes of your favorite hot sauce.
Like it Nashville Hot? Add 1/2 teaspoon cayenne to the dry mix.