Pride of the Southwest
Hatch chiles and a fragrant blend of spices create a bright, tangy green chili that’s delicious with chicken, turkey, or pork.
- 1 packet of F&S Chili Verde Seasoning
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 onion, chopped
- One 4 oz can green chiles (hot or mild)
- One 32 oz box low-sodium chicken broth
- One 15 oz can white beans (cannellini or great northern)
- Toppings: sour cream, fresh cilantro, lime, sliced jalapeños, etc.
- Remove the meat from the chicken and lightly shred.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add the chicken, green chiles, and chili seasoning and sauté until ingredients are coated with spices.
- Add the broth and 1 cup of water and bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken is very tender. Add the drained beans and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Make it Tastier: Add chopped carrots to the onions.
Beyond the Bowl
Tangy Chili Verde is also a great topping for eggs and tortillas, creamy grits, and potatoes (hash browns, tots, roasted new potatoes, or baked russets).