Street Taco Blend
Impossibly easy; impressively delicious. Made with pure ground chiles, cumin, Mexican oregano, and a pinch of cinnamon and cocoa, our taco seasoning creates satisfying, long-simmered flavors in a flash.
- 2 pounds ground meat (beef, lamb, turkey)
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce or water
- taco shells or tortillas
- your favorite toppings (we love sharp Cheddar, sour cream, crunchy lettuce and tomatoes)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 chopped medium onion and cook, stirring, until softened.
- Add the ground meat and cook, stirring, until it is no longer pink; drain fat if desired.
- Add the Taco Seasoning and continue to cook, stirring, until evenly combined and the spices are very fragrant.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of tomato sauce or water (plus more as desired for consistency) and simmer until the mixture is slightly thickened, stirring often.
- Serve the meat in warm taco shells or tortillas with your favorite toppings.
Other Favorite Uses
- Roasted or Fried Potatoes
- In Chili
- Black Beans or Lentils
- Fajita Steak (skirt or flank)
- Egg Casseroles