Creamy, Cheesy Chili Bliss
A creamy spin for the win: It’s never been easier to create a soothing, sumptuous pot of creamy white chili.
- 1 packet of F&S Chili Blanco Seasoning
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 onion, chopped
- One 32 oz box low-sodium chicken broth
- One 15 oz can white beans (cannellini or great northern)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- Toppings: shredded jack cheese, chopped red onion, avocado, fresh cilantro, lime, etc.
- Remove the meat from the chicken and lightly shred.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add the chicken and chili seasoning and sauté until the onions are coated with spices.
- Add the broth and 1 cup of water and bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken is very tender. Stir in the drained beans and cream and simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Make it Tastier: Add chopped carrots, celery, and/or bell peppers when you stir in the chili seasoning.
Beyond the Bowl
Chili Blanco is also delicious in Fritos Pie, as a topping for Nachos or Baked Potatoes, or a filling for Chicken Pot Pie.