A Better Bowl of Red
Is it possible to create the rich, satisfying flavors of long-simmered chili in a flash? Yep. That’s because our Homestyle Chili recipe mix is made with robust interior Mexican spices, including pure ground chiles, cumin, Mexican oregano, cocoa, and a touch of cinnamon.
The potent blend seasons 2 pounds of your favorite ground meat (beef, chicken, turkey). After a quick saute, you’ll add tomatoes, broth or water, and enjoy the transporting aromas for 30 minutes. Just enough time to prepare your favorite toppings.
- 1 packet of F&S Homestyle Chili Seasoning
- 2 lbs ground meat (e.g. beef, chicken, or turkey)
- 1 large onion
- One 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup low-sodium broth (chicken or beef) or water
- One 15 oz can beans (kidney, pinto, or black)
- Toppings: chopped onion, shredded cheese, corn chips, sliced jalapeños, sour cream, etc.
- Heat 1 tbsp of vegetable oil in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add the ground meat and cook, stirring, until no longer pink. Drain excess oil if desired.
- Add the chili seasoning mix and sauté until meat is coated with spices. Add the crushed tomatoes and cup of broth or water and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the drained beans during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Make it Tastier: Add chopped carrots or bell peppers when you add the meat.
Beyond the Bowl
Use our Homestyle Chili recipe to prepare: Fritos Pie, Walking Tacos, Queso con Carne, and Loaded Potatoes.