The Party Starts Here
Prepare to up your appetizer game. Our Guac & Queso seasoning delivers a robust blend of spices that infuse guacamole and/or queso with that little something extra. You know what we’re talking about–that tasty, “gimme more” goodness that makes tortilla chips disappear in a flash.
- 1 small onion
- 1 fresh lime (plus more as desired)
- 2 large or 3 medium ripe avocados
- chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- chopped fresh tomato (optional)
- 2 pounds pasteurized processed cheese
- One 10-ounce can chopped tomatoes and green chilies (hot or mild)
- To make guacamole, combine 1 small, finely chopped onion with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mix in a bowl; allow mixture to marinate for 5 minutes. Use a fork to mash the avocados and remaining lime juice (to taste) into the onion mixture. Taste and adjust seasonings (adding cilantro or tomato, if desired), and serve with tortilla chips.
- To make queso, cube the cheese and drain the tomatoes and green chiles, then combine the ingredients in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mix and cook, stirring occasionally, until smooth. (Alternately, combine ingredients in a baking dish and microwave in 90-second intervals until melted and smooth.) Serve immediately, with tortilla chips.
Other Favorite Uses
- Potatoes, any which way
- Beans (black, pinto, lentils)
- Fajita Steak (skirt or flank)
- Egg Casseroles
- Tomato-based sauces